Kyle Kennedy began his journey with Guardian/OnPoint in 2015. Kyle's thorough attention to detail, passion for leadership and development, and focus on employee morale drove his promotion to Contact Center Supervisor in 2022. Not only does Kyle advocate for the customer but exhibits a service leadership style and is well respected throughout the organization. In the foothills of North Carolina, Kyle enjoys hunting, firearms, and cooking for his family and friends.Questions:
- When did you start at OnPoint (Guardian)?
- August 30th, 2015
- How would you summarize what you do?
I work with our call center to ensure the growth and well being of our agents. I also help with our high level escalations, such as complaints to our underwriter, legal complaints, and more.
- Can you tell us a few details about your favorite part of the job?
- I enjoy resolving high level escalations and speaking with those customers. I get to develop relationships with customers that the average call does not, giving me the chance to show our customers that we value the experience our customers have.
- What makes you want to stay at our organization?
- I’ve worked at quite a number of organizations that don’t value their employees, but OnPoint makes the effort to ensure this does not happen. Furthermore, OnPoint has its hands in a number of projects, so the idea of growing with the company is exciting.
- What do you like about OnPoint's company culture?
- OnPoint listens to what we have to say. The Town Hall meeting, while virtual for many of us, was really nice. Chris was open with us and was very eager to answer any questions we had.
- Tell us the most significant project you’ve handled and how it has impacted our company.
- I led a project that helped identify the reasons why a significant portion of our customers were repeat callers. This has helped lead to changes in verbiage that we provide to our customers and identify changes that needed to be made on our back-end process - which helped provide a much better experience to our customers.
- Who inspires you the most within our organization?
- I would have to say Megan Wood. Megan has devoted many years to our company, she pushes us to be our very best, and is always striving for more. I respect loyalty and dedication to a job/project and Megan has displayed those qualities over the years.
Where are you from?
- West Virginia
- Where did you go to school?
- West Virginia University
- What do you do for fun?
- Hunting, Cooking, and Cinema. I really enjoy quoting movies during everyday conversation. It’s always fun when someone catches some obscure reference to a movie or cartoon we watched as kids.
- What is your favorite show on Netflix (or other streaming service)?
- If I want something fun to watch, Supernatural. For an average day, MeatEATer (It’s a hunting show.)
Rapid Fire round:
- Pizza or tacos? - Pizza
- Vacation preference - Beach or mountains? -Beach. I’m in the mountains a lot.
- Cats or dogs? - Cats
- Favorite season? - Autumn
- Morning or evening? - Evening
- Salty or sweet? - Savory